Clothing alteration & repairs
Pants, trousers, jeans, slacks & shorts:
- shorten jeans with original hems
- shorten pants/trousers with or without a cuff
- lengthen pants/trousers
- taper pants/trouser legs to fit snugly e.g. from bootleg to skinny
- sew up or remove bulky pockets
- take in or let out skirt/pants/trouser waists
- lower the waistband
- replace broken zips & rivets
- replace buttons & jeans buttons
- darn jeans for the fashionable distressed look.
Dresses & skirts:
- re-styling of any dress or skirt that’s outdated
- shorten any style dress, from sun frocks to wedding dresses. Ask us to run up a little matching bag or scarf for you from the cropped fabric!
- taper the dress for a better fit, replacing zips if needed
- lift the shoulders on the dress if too big, & shorten sleeves
- change necklines.
Shirts & blouses:
- shorten men’s or ladies’ shirt length, whether straight-cut or curved-cut, identical to the original style
- taper shirts to fit snugly on the body
- shorten sleeves, with or without cuffs
- replace buttons, stitch extra buttonholes
- turn the collar if it becomes a bit tatty.
Jackets & suits:
- re-style any jacket that’s outdated
- shorten or lengthen the sleeves, with or without the flap & buttons, identical to the original
- shorten jackets
- taper jackets to fit more snugly
- replace lining in jackets, adding extra inner pockets if needed
- convert double-breasted jackets into single-breasted by re-cutting & shaping the front of the jacket.
Swimwear & sportswear:
- replace broken clips on swimwear
- re-cut bikini bottoms into smaller shape or Brazilian tanga style
- shorten or alter tracksuits & stretchy gym pants.